The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Digital Content Specialist will help define the digital dialogue between the Archdiocese of St.Louis and Catholics in the St. Louis area, as well as the Catholic community at-large and other relevant audiences. This position proactively seeks ways to enhance archdiocesan interactions with parishes, individual Catholics, organizations and influences using digital media. The Digital Content Specialist will report to the Executive Director of Strategic Communications and Planning, and work closely with the Multimedia Manager and Internal Communications Manager, St. Louis Review Publications Team and external vendors serving as a key partner to the many offices, agencies and ministries within the archdiocese to help determine how to tell their stories in a way that fits within the archdiocesan “brand umbrella.”
Many functions will be executed in conjunction with the Executive Director of Strategic Communications and Planning, the Internal Communications Manager, Multimedia Manager and Director of Publications to foster a team environment with the primary goal of elevating the archbishop’s vision and pastoral priorities in accordance with the Catholic Church's teachings on missionary discipleship and social communications.
- Develop and manage a functional, integrated 365-day content calendar for social media, web and e-mail content.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, sun-setting, and content re purposing,including real-time implementation of the content strategy.
- Lead digital content creation and production.
- Website content management and growth.
- Manage community engagement within archdiocesan social media channels.
- Audit and evaluate follower bases on social media platforms to inform content needs and strategically grow followers.
- Cultivate relationships with various archdiocesan offices,agencies and ministries, and work closely with their teams to determine digital media needs and goals, driving progress in optimization of content and user experience.
- Assess, measure and report content and campaign effectiveness. Use various analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to make recommendations and implement program based on those results.
- Innovate for new ways to communicate in emerging mediums as relevant, always seeking to strengthen the relationships between the Archdiocese of St. Louis, individual Catholics and their parishes—as well as to evangelize among those in the community who may not be Catholic.
- Maintain consistency in style, quality and tone-of-voice for all digital content distributed by the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Ensure contents on-brand and optimized for the best user experience in all channels—including website, email, mobile, video, print and more.
- Work closely with Communications team members on strategy and campaign development, as well as handling of queries and crisis communications as needed.
- Collaborate with The St. Louis Review team to determine strategies for elevating their content and boosting their influence as the destination for the “truth” about the Catholic Church in St. Louis.
- Develop and execute SEO/SEM tactics, as well as paid-digital advertising campaigns.
- Act as a liaison between IT and the Office of Communication sand Planning in order to ensure optimized user experience with digital channels.
- Stay on top of social media trends, news and best practices,and provide counsel to individuals, offices, agencies and ministries regarding their social media questions and concerns.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the principles, teachings and mysteries of the Catholic faith.
- Basic knowledge of Html and front-end web content development
- Expertise in managing and operating social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn; knowledgeable about the best and latest content and analytics tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Video production
- Extremely proactive; able to jump on unexpected social media opportunities quickly,needing minimal oversight.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently, juggling several projects at once while staying organized.
- Experience with SEO and SEM strategies and tactics.
- Experience with email marketing platforms, such as Mail chimp, Constant Contact, Marketo, etc.
- Capable of collaborating with many different personalities and teams.
- Graphic design experience a plus.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at [email protected].