Kenrick Glennon Seminary invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are seeking a full-time Database Coordinator. Under the direction of the Development Director, the Database Coordinator will support resource development activities at Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
The Database Coordinator is responsible for timely and accurate gift entry in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), maintaining donor records, preparing development reports, and providing general operational and administrative support to the Development Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process all contributions into donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and liaise with the Archdiocesan Finance Office and Archdiocesan Office of Stewardship and the Annual Catholic Appeal to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure that all correspondence is processed and distributed in an efficient manner, especially daily donor acknowledgments.
- Coordinate matching gifts program, including managing gift applications, processing pledges and payments, reviewing company guidelines, responding to donor and company inquiries.
- Maintain accurate,confidential, and organized records of all charitable gifts, including electronic and physical backup.
- Responsible for all data entry for the Development Office.
- Produce monthly development appeal reports and other reports as needed.
- Maintain procedures manual for Development Office.
- Provide administrative support for the Development Office as may be required.
- Work with and provide assistance to volunteers and various other offices and agencies within the Seminary and the Archdiocese.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Ability to work efficiently with complex donor database. Prior experience in Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Accounting and financial knowledge and experience are preferred.
- Administrative experience in an office environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills in MS Office are required.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills are preferred.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Respect for the mission of the Church.
- An appreciation of the significance of the mission of Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to a business or personal nature that is shared or acquired during the course of your work.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others is essential.
- Able to solve problems and prioritize tasks.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented. Able to work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize daily tasks to meet the needs of the Seminary.
- Must be able to communicate through written, telephonic and personal interactions with a positive and understanding attitude.
- An interest and passion for the priesthood and the Catholic Church.
- Must be willing to change tasks as needs arise throughout the day to meet other’s needs.
- Positive in all interactions with staff, students and visitors to the facilities is essential.
- Must be responsive to the Development Director and other staff.
- Must keep the Development Director apprised of any situations that could result in disruption to operations at the Kenrick Glennon Seminary.
Qualified candidates may submit their resumes and cover letter to Kate Sauerburger at [email protected]