St. Simon the Apostle Parish seeks qualified candidate for the position of Custodian. This position includes scrubbing and waxing floors, cleaning school building and other minor maintenance and custodial duties as needed. This individual will work with the Lead Maintenance Coordinator to ensure the parish facilities are functional, clean and safe at all times.
The ideal candidate should have some previous experience in general custodian work and able to follow written and oral instructions. The person must be detail oriented and an independent worker. Some climbing and lifting is involved. This position requires being able to deal with a multitude of people including parish and school staff as well as volunteers. This employee must maintain and be a good steward of supplies, equipment, tools,furniture and other property entrusted in his/her care. It is desirable that this person have a pleasant demeanor especially around parishioners who may use the parish facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs scrubbing, stripping and waxing of floors.
- Provides general assistance as needed through set up of tables and chairs in facilities, as requested.
- Assists in maintenance of grounds.
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as needed.
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Frequent lifting, ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Exposure to climate changes and temperatures.
- Ability to perform minor repair work on facilities as needed
- Waxing, stripping and scrubbing knowledge of floors a plus.
- Must be able to communicate equipment problems or questions to Business Manager.
Job Title: Part-Time Custodian (15-20 hours a week)
Hours: 3:00 pm- 6:30 pm (Some weekend work may be required)
Position Reports to: Business Manager
Resumes can be mailed to 11011 Mueller Rd. St. Louis, Mo 63123, Attn: Cindy Maloney or emailed to email@example.com.