The renewed Youth Ministry at Immacolata Parish began three years ago in response to the Strategic Pastoral Plan of the Parish. The ministry has grown in that time, serving young people in middle school and high school.
Immacolata Parish is a very active community, with nearly 800 registered households, 210 students in the parish grade school, and 90 students in PSR.
Youth Ministry at Immacolata is a vibrant,energetic program that focuses on fostering spiritual growth through the Sacraments, participation in weekly activities (social, spiritual,instructional), and periodic retreats. Multiple opportunities provide the opportunity to grow in a personal relationship to Christ and His Church.
1. Be an active, faith filled Roman Catholic.
2. Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic faith, and adhere to the Church’s teachings.
3. Be able to teach and share that faith.
4. Have leadership experience with you and possess strong organizational skills.
5. Have the skills needed to manage a budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with the youth, parents, Pastor, and parish staff.
2. Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office.
3. Recruit and train volunteers.
4. Maintain an ongoing knowledge of trends and resources in youth ministry.
5. Weekly “Edge Nights” for middle school students, 5:30 – 7:00 pm most Fridays
6. Weekly “life Nights: for high school students, 6:00- 8:00 pm most Sundays
7. Open office for the high school students once a week
8. Semester retreats for middle school and high school students
9. Open office during the summer, once a week
10. Girls group that meets once a week during the summer, “Abiding Together.”
11. Trips during the summer: Camp Hidden Lake; Steubenville conference
12. Hanging out with students at lunch,recess, sports practice, plays, etc.
Please send resume to: Msgr. Vernon E. Gardin,Pastor, Immacolata Catholic Church, 8900 Clayton Rd., St. Louis, MO 63117. or Email firstname.lastname@example.org