Christ, Prince of Peace is a medium-sized, vibrant parish of approximately 1200 families in the Archdiocese of St. Louis, located in the suburb of Manchester, Missouri. The parish has a well-established and healthy full-time day school, as well as an evening school (PSR/CCD), youth ministry,senior ministry, and over 50 other active ministries. The vision of the parish is to become a community of missionary disciples who, through encountering Jesus Christ, experience true joy and transform their lives and the world around them. We are seeking an energetic self-starter to serve as part-time Director of Religious Education.
The Coordinator of Religious Education will work in partnership with the Parish Pastoral team to administer the Evening School(PSR/CCD) program and oversee sacramental preparation for the children of Christ,Prince of Peace. S/he will work closely with the Pastor, Director of Evangelization, Director of Youth Ministry, and Principal to create an environment of holistic Christian formation for the students of the Evening School and their parents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all catechesis, administration, and logistics of Evening School (PSR/CCD) program that serves approximately 120 students.
- Collaborate with Day School Principal and Religious Coordinator in coordinating sacramental preparation for students receiving first reconciliation, first communion, and confirmation.
- Ensure all applicable diocesan policies and programs are implemented, including safe-environment compliance.
- Be present at Evening School each Monday night,as well as sacramental prep programs such as parent meetings and retreats for first reconciliation, first communion, confirmation. Occasionally attend other parish events.
- Supervise volunteer-run ministries, such as Vacation Bible School and Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
- Oversee RCIC/T program, working with RCIA coordinator.
- Prepare and administer the operating budget of evening school and related programs according to parish policy.
- Practicing Catholic in good standing. Lives a life of prayer, sacraments, and gospel values. Faithfulness to Church teaching.
- PSR/Catholic Education certification (or working toward) OR bachelors in theology, catechesis or related field required.
- 3 years’ experience in catholic education or parish pastoral ministry preferred .
- Knowledge of best practices for catechesis and holistic formation.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively and pastorally with clergy, staff, and volunteers.
- Strong verbal, written, public, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter who is willing and able to lead others effectively.
- Ability to work 1-2 evenings a week and occasional weekends.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to Fr. Chris Dunlap at email@example.com or 415 Weidman Rd., Manchester, MO 63011.