The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Coordinator or Events in the Office of Youth Ministry. Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Ministry this person will manage the logistical aspects of certain major Office of Youth Ministry events. This includes but is not limited to initial planning, budget development, promotion,group leader communication, execution, and expense tracking for assigned events. This person will also assist in supervising in-house interns and assist the Director with organizational and administrative tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Coordinator of Events will coordinate logistics for Office of Youth Ministry events including but not limited to Steubenville STL Mid-America, Generation Life, annual retreats and training's. This will include:
- Tracking and adhering to all budgets
- Seeking and reviewing bids for major contracted goods and services.
- Working with numerous vendors, designers and external parties when planning
- Assisting the Director in maintaining a 3-5 year calendar
- Tracking payments, registrations, housing forms, group information, etc.
- Assisting in volunteer coordination and safe environment protocols
- Promoting all events through social media, phone calls, emails, etc.
- Assisting in other administrative duties as determined by the Director
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
It is highly desired that the Coordinator of Events would have:
- Previous event-management/coordination experience
- A strong working knowledge of basic PC skills and “Microsoft Office” programs
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills and be able to demonstrate their ability to work as a part of the team, collaborating on all events
- Previous experience in youth ministry and/or working with teens
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
The Coordinator of Events must:
- Be a practicing Catholic in good standing with Church teaching.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Be self-motivated and a trustworthy steward of Archdiocesan resources.
- Have foresight and the initiative necessary for effectively planning events well in advance of the event date. Must be able to multi-task while maintaining a focus on details.
- Have the ability to supervise others.
- Be able to handle occasional times of long hours/high pressure leading up to and during events. Travel will be required for certain events.
The Coordinator of Events must be comfortable frequently dealing with:
- Youth ministers
- Parish personnel.
This person must be comfortable working closely with the Director on events and projects.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13, 2019.