The Communications Specialist coordinates marketing and communications efforts for mission advancement activities at Kenrick-Glennon Seminary under the direction of the Development Director. The Communications Specialist serves as a steward of the seminary’s “voice” and plays a critical role in building awareness of our mission through the development and implementation of cross-channel communications campaigns and tactics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual strategic communications plan across various audiences and platforms under the umbrella of the Development Office.
2. Gather and generate content that engages various audiences and leads to increased mission awareness and support of the seminary.
3. Oversee the development, distribution, and maintenance of all external print and electronic materials including, but not limited to, the Herald Magazine, e-mail campaigns, and the seminary website.
4. Manage and monitor all social media channels.
5. Create marketing elements (invitations, programs, etc.) for special events, including the Convivium Dinner Auction, Alumni Day, open house, and more, in collaboration with the Stewardship and Events Coordinator.
6. Coordinate photography and videography as needed for various projects.
7. Manage media contacts and field queries from the public and the media, making decisions on how each query should be addressed, drafting a response when needed, and/or including the appropriate seminary personnel for handling.
8. Work with vendors and internal personnel to manage content development, printing, and mailing.
9. Ensure implementation of branding standards across the institution.
10.Provide support for the Development Director as may be required, including “back up” assistance for the daily operations, including data entry and donor acknowledgements, if needed.
11.Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development, Rector, or their designate.
Knowledge &Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or other relevant degree area
2. Minimum of 3 years of relevant communications experience, especially in managing cross-channel campaigns.
3. The ability to articulate the mission of the seminary to the right audiences through the best distribution channels available.
4. Highly collaborative style.
5. Ability to work both independently and with a high degree of dependability and quality.
6. Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
7. Evidence of creative thinking and supporting problem resolution.
8. Ability to multi-task.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to [email protected].