Are you interested in creating media campaigns for diverse audiences, using an array of mediums?
Do you see yourself playing an integral role on a hardworking, dedicated and fun team of professionals?
If so, the Catholic Student Center at Washington University (CSC) welcomes your application as a
(part-time) Communications Specialist.
The Catholic Student Center at Washington University (CSC) is a house of Catholic formation and a
community of hospitality for students of all faiths. Our dream is that every student who encounters the
CSC community feels known, loved, and cared for - so they are more capable of giving and receiving
love. We want our students to leave here healthier, happier and holier than they came.
This is a 20-25-hour a week position. The Communications Specialist designs and produces digital and
print media, coordinates social media engagements and performs other related tasks as directed, while
exercising creative expression and utilizing a vast array of media. This staff member reports directly to the
Director of Advancement, and also works closely with other staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Create print and digital media campaigns for diverse audiences, events and publications.
● Organize and design weekly newsletter email.
● Maintain and design website content.
● Collaborate with CSC staff to develop content and deliverables.
● Collect and organize stories, photographs and videos from qualified programming.
● Assure consistent execution in all printed and digital communications in terms of brand voice and
adherence to the established style guide.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Undergraduate degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing/PR, Digital Media,
Journalism, Creative Writing or related field.
● One-to-three years of experience in communications or marketing, in a design or copywriting role
(Inclusive of other internship experiences).
● Experience with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and other Social Media platforms.
● Professional web and graphic design capabilities.
● Written and oral communication skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
● Capable of responding to short timelines.
● Time management skills.
● Preferred: Experience with photography and videography, Adobe Suite, Canva or similar
Compensation and Benefits
● Hourly rate will be determined based on experience
● Vacation, medical and retirement
Applications, inclusive of noted requirements, are due June 1st. A start date will be determined at the time
an offer is extended.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter, and direct their questions, to Brian Kelly,
Director of Advancement, at [email protected] Please include the following with your application:
● Resume and cover letter.
● One professional and one personal reference.
● Portfolio of work, including at least one print and one digital example.