The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance, generous benefit package and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are a non-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
Cardinal Ritter College Prep, a St. Louis Archdiocesan coeducational college preparatory high school for grades 9-12, seeks a Business Manager.
The Business Manager is responsible for processing bills in a timely fashion through Lawson AP,entering and approving purchase orders through COUPA, preparing the budget with the assistance of the President, Principal and other staff members, preparing and sending payroll in a timely fashion, record – keeping for all invoices, job and vendor contracts, vacation-sick-personal leave days for non-instructional staff, assisting the President and leading the Tuition Collection Manager in allocating tuition assistance, and preparing various reports as needed. The business manager will also work very closely within the Archdiocese of St. Louis and Finance Team, and assisting the President and Principal in various other matters on an as needed basis. It is highly preferred that this person have a working knowledge of Skyward, Lawson,FACTS, Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
- Attend all faith activities at Cardinal Ritter including the Faculty/Staff Day of Prayer faculty/staff prayer and meetings and all-school Masses.
- Prepare the annual budget according to Archdiocesan guidelines and timeline, consulting with the President, Principal and other staff members as needed.
- Collaborate and cooperate with members of the Advancement staff and non-instructional staff in particular in a variety of activities – on an as needed basis.
- Maintain licenses on all vehicles and obtain property tax waivers.
- Perform research as required for internal and archdiocesan requests.
- Responsible for all new hire,termination, and change paperwork – acquiring and forwarding to the Archdiocese and maintain personnel files at Cardinal Ritter High School.
- Enter non – salary semi-monthly payroll into Lawson.
- Assist with athletic coach contracts.
- Answer all benefit questions; use Archdiocese benefit office for assistance.
- Keep accurate records of non-instructional sick, vacation and personal days.
- Maintain records at Cardinal Ritter High School.
- Follow-up on compliance of all staff and volunteers.
- Work with Safe Environment Office at the Archdiocese.
Tuition and Tuition Assistance:
- Keep accurate records of all tuition assistance.
- Assist the President and Tuition Collection Manager in allocating tuition assistance to families.
- Meet occasionally with parents – and President – regarding tuition assistance, especially in February during freshman registration.
- Prepare tuition assistance reports on an occasional basis.
- Enter all tuition charges and payments into the Skyward system.
- Set up tuition payments in the FACTS system.
- Prepare correspondence with parents regarding balances and college financial aid.
- Manage work study program.
- Prepare month end and year end reports, work closely with accountant and accounting assistant at Archdiocese.
- Keep accurate records of all bills that are paid.
- Ensure that all bills are paid in a timely way, avoiding late fees – through Lawson and COUPA.
- Oversee all accounts in the DB portfolio with an eye toward noticing any suspicious expenditure or request for funds by teachers and staff.
- Maintain the Imprest Account - Write checks and prepare monthly reconciliation.
- Account for and present every staff member who has an Archdiocesan Purchase Card or Sam’s Card a monthly statement for their signature. Enter account information into the Commerce software system and forward to Archdiocese.
- Deposit all monies collected through tuition, donation, event etc. into US Bank and enter into Lawson and Skyward if tuition.
- Maintain petty cash account and provide start up change for events.
- Run credit card transaction and prepare paperwork for Archdiocese.
- Send out correspondence and follow up on returned checks.
- Work with maintenance to make sure security measures are up to date throughout the building.
- Ensure that all staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Assist Principal with emergency procedure manual.
- Assist in ordering supplies and researching purchases.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.