Organization: St. Vincent De Paul (St. Louis)
Saint Vincent de Paul has an immediate need for a fulltime Bookkeeper.
Responsible for processing all general ledger transactions and preparing financial statements for both the Parish and related Not-for-profit organization. Responsible for maintaining payroll and related benefit records for both organizations. Prepares annual budgets. Acts as liaison to management groups and various Archdiocesan organizations. Receives little direct supervision, and only general oversight from Pastor. Must have good knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products.
Prepares detailed Excel spreadsheets of incoming funds and investment account activity, prepares bank deposits, and enters transactions into QuickBooks and reconciles various accounts.
- Processes electronic giving transactions from We Share and enters monthly data into QuickBooks and Servant Keeper systems.
- Codes and enters vendor invoices into system, and pays invoices.
- Records and reconciles employee credit card activity.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts and prepares monthly account analysis.
- Provides payroll services for the Parish and related not-for-profit entity in QuickBooks including the following tasks:
- Enters payroll hours for the Parish in Lawson Payroll System and records related payroll entries.
- Prepares payroll, associated taxes and reports, including quarter and year-end filings for not-for-profit entity.
- Maintains personnel files, benefit information, and processes all benefit change requests.
- Prepares and presents financial statements to the Parish Finance Committee and Not-for-profit Board on a regular basis.
- Develops parish and not-for-profit annual budgets.
- Interacts with Archdiocesan Finance Office, and the Office of Human Resources as needed.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Skilled in using personal computers, including email and internet
- Three to five years’ bookkeeping experience
- Previous experience in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel a must
- Previous experience in We Share, Servant Keeper, and Parish Helper desirable
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
- Must have organizational skills
- Must be self-starter with ability to work with little supervision
- Must have ability to meet deadline and maintain confidentiality
- Resources for Which Accountable
- Accountable for Parish funds
- Must meet deadlines for payroll taxes, tax and other reporting and bill payment to avoid significant financial penalties
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] subject line: St. Vincent De Paul