St. Vincent de Paul Church is seeking a part time bookkeeper
Performs accounting and bookkeeping functions such as payroll, bank deposits, purchasing/processing accounts payable, recording journal entries etc., under the general supervision of the Business Manager/Accountant. Will use QuickBooks computer program to process transactions and financial reporting. Requires bookkeeping experience and good knowledge of Excel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides bookkeeping and payroll services for the Parish and related not-for-profit entity in QuickBooks on a part-time basis.
- Prepares payroll, associated taxes and reports, including quarter and year-end filingsf or not-for-profit entity.
- Enters payroll hours for the Parish in Lawson Payroll System and records related payroll entries.
- Maintains all parish accounting records on current Archdiocesan-recommended software.
- Codes and enters vendor invoices into system, and pays invoices.
- Enters transactions related to investment account and employee credit card activity into system.
- Prepares detailed Excel spreadsheets of incoming funds, prepares bank deposits, and enters transactions into QuickBooks.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and prepares monthly account analysis for review by Business Manager.
- Coordinates development of parish and not-for profit budgets.
- Works with vendors and other outside entities to resolve questions.
- Interacts with Archdiocesan Finance Office, and the Office of Human Resources as needed.
- Liaison with Parish Finance Committee and Not-for-profit Board as needed.
- Processes electronic giving transactions from We Share and enters monthly data into QuickBooks.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Able to work at Parish Office 20 to 24 hours per week, with ability to work more hours on an as needed basis
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Skilled in using personal computers, including email and internet
- Three to five years’ experience in bookkeeping
- Previous experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Previous experience in We Share desirable
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
- Must have organizational skills
- Must have ability to meet deadline
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work with Parish Business Manager and other employees on various projects and accounting tasks and issues
Resources for Which Accountable
- Accountable for Parish funds
- Must meet deadlines for payroll taxes, tax and other reporting and bill payment to avoid significant financial penalties
Interested candidates send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]