As a member of the Federation of Catholic Charities of St. Louis, St. Francis Community Services walks with our vulnerable neighbors to create opportunities, to build resilience and to advocate for justice.
St. Francis Community Services, Catholic Legal Assistance Ministry, seeks a full time, bilingual immigration client support coordinator to support the work of our immigration staff attorneys and DOJ accredited representative in their representation of low-income immigrant clients and will provide support to our immigration clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and implement trauma informed practices to support clients in their legal cases:
- Attend client meetings and court appearances as needed
- Interview clients and prepare affidavits to be submitted in support of their cases (i.e. asylum or U visa cases)
- Provide culturally appropriate psycho education about therapy and connect clients to therapists
- Prepare clients for testifying in their asylum cases including working with attorneys and therapists to support clients in this process
- Interview clients to develop and draft documents to be submitted to court in client’s asylum case
Coordinate legal case maintenance:
- Legal case management and maintain client communication
- Manage intake and screen clients for immigration relief
- Assist with management of DACA cases
- Translate documents and letters in English and Spanish as needed
Non-legal client support and crisis response:
- Screen clients for services beyond their legal needs and provide referrals
- Help clients gain access to additional services, including acting as an advocate and/or interpreter as needed
- Work with partner agencies and attorneys to support clients enrolled in ISAP or other Alternatives to Detention programs
- Develop relationships with community partners and other immigrant service providers to assist in connecting clients with those resources
- Assist staff in responding to clients in crisis by providing referrals and follow-up,including connecting clients to hotlines or guiding them through getting emergency orders of protection
- Assist with collecting data for grant reporting
- Participate on the planning committee for pro se asylum clinics and other outreach events done in collaboration with partner agencies
- Coordinate community events and outreach to further clients’ access to community services while promoting education and awareness within the community and with the intention of furthering St. Francis Community Services organization-wide goals and mission
- Masters in Social Work preferred
- Full professional or native proficiency in Spanish and English required
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with the immigrant community
- Ability to work with people from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Commitment to uphold diversity, equity and inclusion in the performance of all job duties
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Les Lexow, Senior Director of Human Resources at [email protected].
Part of the interview will be conducted in Spanish.