The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for a full-time Benefits Specialist. This position is part of the Office of Human Resources and is located at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000. We value our employees by providing a balance between work and everyday life. We also offer a competitive benefits package available upon hire and a generous paid time off schedule.
Within the Office of Human Resources, the Benefits Specialist works as part of a team to manage and administer the health insurance plan, voluntary life insurance plan,long term disability insurance, flexible spending account, employee assistance plan, adoption assistance program and retirement plan, all of which are offered to the approximate 5,100 benefit eligible employees of the Archdiocese. The position’s mission is to support the employer benefit administrators and employees with their employee benefits. The position reports to the Director of Benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help educate and assist any parish/agency/school administrators on benefit management.
- Manage the health insurance annual Open Enrollment Period for employees which includes the writing and distribution of the Open Enrollment Guides.
- Work with the HR coordinators, benefit representatives, consultants, and vendors.
- Fulfill tasks as requested by the Archdiocesan Benefits Committee.
- Help employees with any medical, dental, prescription or other benefit claim questions.
- Coordinate mass printing, mailing, and emailing for employee/employer benefit information.
- Coordinate employee benefit appeals.
- Respond to a high volume of daily emails and phone calls from employees and employer administrators.
- Reviews benefit electronic eligibility data activity with vendors.
- Process remittance payments to benefit vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with or ability to learn the Human Resources Infor/Lawson software and/or other HRIS software.
- Two or more years of employee benefit work experience at a mid-management level preferred.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Must adhere to the principles of the Christian Witness Statement of the Archdiocese of St. Louis and must be supportive of the mission of the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
- Ability to promptly and accurately respond to employees and employers benefit inquiries with professionalism.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general benefit plan documents. Ability to write and edit reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Well organized, efficient and pro-active. Ability to meet deadlines. Capable to take on special projects. Needs minimal supervision. Works well both as a team member and independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent personal integrity and positive attitude.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.