Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package,including paid time off. The Archdiocese is a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Benefits Manager is the liaison with vendors and consultants of the benefit programs for PMBS members. Directed by the President of the PMBS Board and the Vicar for Priests, the Benefits Manager administers the various programs by ensuring insurance invoices and claims are paid, responding to PMBS member inquiries, drafting communication materials to explain programs to members,maintaining files for all programs, recommending program improvements, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer and manage PMBS benefits programs by maintaining correct eligibility, on-time enrollment and cancellation of members, invoice and claims payment, etc.
- Respond to member inquiries and ensure accurate claims payment by vendors
- Draft communication materials to assist members with better understanding of plans and provisions; review for final format summary plan description documents for plans; draft documents and forms as needed
- Schedule and present at meetings to inform members of plan changes, plan provisions, benefits and coverage limitations, etc.
- Work with consultants and reps of all vendors to improve plan administration and drive efficiencies
- Prepare annual priest assessments for Finance Office and process updates during the year
- Prepare PMBS budget annually and adjust as needed;prepare headcount projections for active, active with Medicare, retired and transitional statuses; prepare and present quarterly budget updates to PMBS Board
- Maintain and update vendor accounts for Finance Office
- Prepare PAF forms, submit semi-monthly payroll sheets and maintain payroll for PMBS members on Lawson
- Prepare monthly retirement and housing payments for payment by Finance Office
- Respond to telephone inquiries from PMBS leaders,vendors, members, powers of attorney for members, parishes, agencies, etc. to facilitate benefits administration for PMBS members
- File CMS/ACA forms and payments as needed
- Act as staff to PMBS Board and Vicar for Priests
- Act as staff to Managing Director – Human Resources
- Seek process improvements and increased efficiencies for PMBS office
- Seek continuous improvement in programs offered to PMBS members
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- In-depth knowledge of benefit plans, insurance and benefit administration through prior work in HR benefit administration or insurance company work experience
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Able to maintain complete confidentiality regarding PMBS members, benefit specifics and payments
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and vendor systems
- Possess excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Able to interact with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Maintain sensitivity to PMBS members at various levels and with various conditions
- On a day-to-day basis, report to Managing Director– Human Resources
- On a day-to-day basis, coordinate with HR, Payroll,Risk Management and Finance Office staff
- Coordinate with PMBS Board and Vicar for Priests as needed
- Coordinate with vendors and consultants as needed
Resources for Which Accountable
- Maintain PMBS Office and related furniture, equipment, supplies and files
- Serving approximately 355 PMBS members and their employers (parishes and agencies)
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org