The Benefits Administrator primarily supports the employee benefit plan of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. The position is often the point of communication for both employers’ and employees’ questions and concerns regarding benefits. This position may provide support to other areas of human resources including compensation, HRIS, recruitment, etc.
Health and Welfare:
- Assisting employers and employees with their benefit inquiries via email or phone calls and resolving any of their escalated benefit issues and inquires.
- Employee Wellness initiatives including but not limited to the annual employee flu vaccine program, the biannual H&H biometric screenings, mammogram screenings, and the discretionary Wellness Incentive Program.
- Supports the implementation of the new HRIS system.
- Manages the Continuation of Coverage and Certificate of Creditable Coverage processes and correspondence, and prepares memos regarding employment and/or health insurance coverage dates.
- Manages continuation of health insurance coverage during periods of severance pay.
- Send Notice of Coverage Ending letters to employees whose child will soon turn 26 years old, Early Retirees who soon will turn 65 years old, and Continuation of Coverage participants who will soon have been enrolled for the maximum time.
- Work with the Archdiocesan Finance Office to set up new bill-at-home customers when an employee/dependent is moving to Continuation of Coverage/Early Retiree.
- Researches and resolves enrollment/benefit issues with vendors.
- Assist with Delta Dental’s electronic data file reports.
- Write revisions to the annual Archdiocesan Employee Benefits Manual.
- Assist/support with Open Enrollment issues when needed.
- Prepares life and disability insurance claims.
- Promote physical, mental, and spiritual wellness to employees of the Archdiocese in order to enhance a workplace culture of wellness.
- Coordinate the planning, marketing, and delivery of the Archdiocesan wellness program to include but not limited to: health awareness and educational campaigns, behavior change programs, annual flu shot program, health screenings, health fairs, seminars, webinars, nutrition and fitness programs. Wellness efforts will be an integral part of Archdiocesan employee relations.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure confidentiality of all personal data.
- Develop, track and report key performance indicators for the wellness program.
- Ensure appropriate integration of wellness program with other employee benefit programs.
- Provide administrative support to the compensation function, as needed.
- May participate in compensation surveys.
- Review and prepare position titles and grades for migration to new HRIS system.
- Request market compensation data, as/if needed.
- Conduct employee education meetings and new employee orientations.
- Create and deliver relevant HR/Benefits workplace training programs for business managers. .
- Conducts all necessary administrative activities to support training, including scheduling sessions, booking rooms, ordering supplies, etc.
- Provide educational presentations and training programs including teaching health insurance participants how to navigate United Healthcare (UHC) wellness tools and resources, ESS, HR website; and Benefits Administration Manual, is applicable.
- Communicate/support regular HR newsletter inclusive of employee benefit and wellness topics.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge& Experience Requirements:
A High School diploma is required. An Associate or College Degree is preferred.
Three to five years of relevant work experience in human resources, compensation and/or employee benefits.
Skills& Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Must be able to maintain complete confidentiality regarding personal and benefits information
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and be able to use the internet with ease
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer-service skills and strong work ethic.
- Must be able to exercise patience with the employers and employees we serve
- Must be able to analyze data for accuracy and process benefits according to Plan Documents
- Positive attitude in work assignments
- Organization skills with accomplishing timely task assignments
- Must be able to interact with a diverse population
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team member
- Daily work with the Director of Benefits and the Benefits Specialist
- Daily customer service with employees and employers of the Archdiocese regarding employee benefits
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and reference Benefits Administrator in the subject line.