ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION | ARCHDIOCESE OF ST. LOUIS
OFFICE OF CATHOLIC EDUCATION AND FORMATION (OCEF)
The Associate Director of Religious Education assists the Director of Religious Education in the work of strengthening Catholic Identity and Faith Formation within K-12 schools and parishes via collaboration with colleagues in the Office of Catholic Education and Formation.
Major responsibilities include:
● Collaborating with K-12 OCEF leadership to develop, maintain, and evaluate religious education curricula and programing for elementary schools, high schools, and parish religious education programs.
● Assisting with the management of ongoing implementation/monitoring of religious education certification for elementary and high school religion teachers and catechists, Catechetical Leaders, and other interested persons desiring such credentialing.
● Assisting with the development of religious education guidelines, operating manuals, and handbooks with OCEF and HR personnel.
● Coordinating professional in-service opportunities for religious education personnel in K-12 Catholic schools and parish religious education programs.
● Establishing relationships and participating in meetings with OCEF elementary and secondary personnel, as well as with school/parish-based personnel.
● Collaborating with OCEF colleagues to recommend programs and resources for the spiritual formation of the OCEF staff as well as for administrators, faculty, and staff at elementary school, high schools, and parish religious education programs.
● Assisting with developing and facilitating OCEF days of prayer and retreat upon request.
● Providing religious education consultation services to pastors, high school presidents, principals, and Catechetical Leaders of Religious Education as requested.
● Remaining abreast of important Church documents, resources, and trends in religious education.
● Practicing Catholic with a solid understanding of, and commitment to, the philosophy of Catholic education.
● Demonstrated experience with religious education programing development and/or curriculum development.
● Various instructional experiences.
● Excellent leadership skills and collaborative working style.
● Strong communication and organizational skills.
● Willingness to travel regularly to parish and school sites throughout the Archdiocese.
● Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in theology, religious education, religious studies, pastoral ministry, or similar degree with a strong theological core. Graduate degree preferred.
All application materials, including a cover letter expressing interest, a resume, and three references (names and contact information) should be sent electronically to [email protected] Deadline for receipt of completed materials is December 17, 2021. Start date to be determined but no later than July 1, 2022.