As a member of the Federation of Catholic Charities, Queen of Peace Center (QOPC) has been providing family-centered behavioral healthcare for women, children and families.
Full-time position to provide planned, face-to-face, goal-oriented therapeutic interaction as a qualified, individual with one or more members of the client’s family in order to address and resolve the family system’s dysfunction in accordance with the client’s rehabilitation plan. Will also serve the child and parent who is currently incarcerated in the St. Louis County Justice Service Center in order to address and resolve the family system’s dysfunction and strive for reunification of the child and parent. Provides assessment and treatment of children. Serves as member of a multi-disciplinary team. Provides group education and group counseling.
- Face to face counseling/treatment for children with social-emotional or behavioral problems.
- Performs evidence based practices for children and families including but not limited to child-centered play therapy, art therapy, filial therapy and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Examines family interaction styles and identifies patterns of dysfunctional behavior.
- Develops a need or motivation for change in family members.
- Develops and applies skills and strategies for improvement in child and family functioning.
- Generalizes and stabilizes change through insight structure and enhanced skills to promote healthy family interaction independent of formal helping systems.
- Provides group therapy and group education, specifically Nurturing Parenting and Love and Logic.
- Provides in home therapy as needed.
- Assesses client’s progress monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bills 25 service hours per week minimum. (Part-time employees will have proportionate amount of billable hours.)
A social worker or counselor licensed or provisionally licensed in Missouri who has at least one year of full time experience in the assessment and treatment of children; OR a graduate of an accredited university with a master’s degree in social work or counseling who has at least two years of full time equivalent experience in the treatment and assessment of children.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Steve Saffa, [email protected]and Rosalie Seiler, [email protected].