Administrative Coordinator - Part Time
Serve as the Administrative Coordinator at St. Francis of Assisi Parish by assisting with financial-related duties, rectory office-related administrative duties, and directing the Safe Environment Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain records for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for the Parish and Elementary School. Prepare payment checks, codes and pays invoices. Prepares and verifies bank deposits and cash receipts. Serve as the Parish liaison with the “Sunday Offertory” money counting team and inputting all weekly contributions by parishioner into Servant Keeper. Serves as the liaison for parish organizations’ financial activities. Generates EOY contribution statements and donor letters. Reconcile stipend account and prepares stipend checks. Also in coordination with the Shared Accountant and the Business Manager, assist in maintaining tuition and enrollment information for the elementary school and preschool.
• Assist the Shared Accountant and the Business Manager with duties related to delinquent tuition payments, including telephone calls and delinquency letters. Work with the Business Manager to develop strategies to get families current in their payments.
• Direct Safe Environment Program for St. Francis of Assisi Parish; including serving as the Child Safety Coordinator, contacting all organizations to obtain current lists of all employees and volunteers to ensure that all parties are in compliance with Archdiocesan Guidelines, planning and executing “Protecting God’s Children” sessions as required by Archdiocese guidelines.
• Assist in Office Receptionist duties as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or Business Manager.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
• Associate’s degree or above in business administration and/or related field
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a related position
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Active and practicing member of the Catholic faith
• Strong ethical standards required; must maintain confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and balance several projects at one time.
• Ability to work well with, parish staff and volunteers; able to collaborate with the leadership of the St. Francis of Assisi community in advancing the parish mission.
• Meet weekly/monthly with Pastor and Business Manager to identify goals and progress in attaining them related to Finance as well as the Safe Environment Program.
Resources for Which Accountable
• Accountable for Parish Funds.
• Must meet deadlines for bill payment to avoid significant financial penalties.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] and include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.