Saint Juan Diego Parish, a personal parish with a particular mission to the Hispanic community of St. Charles, Warren and Lincoln Counties, seeks a part-time administrative assistant to perform receptionist duties as well as various secretarial and office management functions. Facility with office management, computer skills including word processing, availability on Sundays, and fluency in both English and Spanish are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide secretarial and clerical support to the pastor
- Provide receptionist services for the parish office
- Manage phone and messaging systems
- Receive and sort mail and other deliveries
- Receive, record, and schedule Mass Intentions and related stipends
- Procure and manage office supplies and liturgical supplies
- Compile, edit and publish weekly parish bulletins
- Perform data entry regarding Sunday Offering contributions and reconcile balances with the bank deposit
- Maintain parish calendar
- Maintain parish census data and record new registrations
- Maintain parish sacramental records
- Coordinate and schedule volunteers for the parish office.
- Point of contact for Safe Environment Program
- Other duties as assigned
Proficiency and Experience Requirements:
- Proficiency in keyboarding and computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office) and an ease in learning the use parish-specific and archdiocesan software.
- Proficiency in using common office equipment
- Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
- Three to five years' experience working in a general office environment preferred
Personal Skills Needed
- General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
- General Understanding of Hispanic culture
- Welcoming and pleasant demeanor and effective interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Natural ability for organizing space and coordinating group volunteer efforts
- Prudent respect for matters of confidentiality
- Openness to flexibility of weekly schedule, including extra time on occasion
To apply, please send resume to [email protected].