Would you like to work for one of the TopWorkplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in itsemployees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance andencourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization whichencompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholicpopulation of more than 500,000.
We have an opportunity for an Accounts PayableSpecialist at the Archdiocese of St. Louis, which resides at the CardinalRigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO.This positioncompiles and maintains accounts payable records for our Archdiocesan highschools and ministries as well as the Catholic Charities agencies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewsaccounts payable invoices from agencies for proper authorization and presenceof account codings
- Preparesaccounts payable checks through the Lawson Accounts Payable module and theDocument Express check writing system
- Preparescash transfer entries using an Access application
- Matchescheck stubs with invoices and other documents for file retention
- Manuallyplaces checks in envelopes
- Processesvoid and stop payment requests as needed
- Maintainselectronic and hard-copy files of closed payables
- Otherduties as assigned by the Accounts Payable Supervisor or Finance Manager
Knowledge &Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Officeapplications.
Skills& Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Must be detail oriented
- Customer service oriented with a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability toplan ahead
- Cooperative and willing to help in other areas ofthe Finance Office as needed.
Contact Details:Qualified candidates may submit their resumeand cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at [email protected].