Would you like to work for one of the Top Workplaces in St. Louis for the fourth year in a row? The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We also offer a generous benefits package. We are a non-profit organization which encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
We currently have a full-time opening for a Lead Accountant within the Shared Accounting Services (SAS) team. This position works directly with the parishes of Archdiocese of St. Louis and is responsible for assisting the Manager of Shared Accounting Services in the management of a specific regional office. This position resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center, which is located in Shrewsbury, MO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the recruitment, overall performance and development needs of the staff at a specific regional office
- Participates as a member of Shared Accounting Leadership team to develop and implement policies and procedures for Shared Accounting Services
- Performs a review of the work and financials prepared by assigned staff in accordance with specified policies and procedures
- Manages deadlines and ensures accurate financials are delivered in a timely manner to all parishes in the regional office
- Fulfills accountant role on assigned parishes as needed
- Meets with pastors and parish finance councils as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, plus a minimum of five years of related experience and supervising accounting professionals; or equivalent education and experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Knowledge of payroll and associated regulatory compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from pastors, parish finance councils, and SAS Management
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Support the mission and structure of the Catholic Church and it’s teachings
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, lead others toward achievement of specified goals
- Ability to meet on occasion with parish finance council meetings
- Willingness to participate in continuing education in accounting and computer skills
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at email@example.com.