The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are anon-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Finance Office has a full-time opportunity for an Accounting Assistant. This role provides support to the Accountants in the preparation of financial reports. This role resides at the Cardinal Rigali Center in Shrewsbury, MO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Accountants and Archdiocesan agencies to enter invoices, payments, debit/credit memos into the Lawson AR system.
- Prepare semi-monthly FACTS files;create batches and journal entries for the schools.
- Oversee and coordinate the operation of the Skyward Tuition System at the high schools.
- Aid in the preparation of Account Payable for processing.
- Create cash transfer files for agency payments.
- Compile financial information to prepare journal entries for Accountants as needed.
- Process monthly credit card activity and create journal entry for Accountants.
- Upload journal entries prepared by the Accountants.
- Update the asset management system with additions, deletions and changes per direction from the Accountants.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Prepare or assist in preparing special reports as needed including various daily and weekly cash tracking and management reports.
- Forward reports and correspondence to agency’s director and staff.
- Assist Accountants in answering questions for agency directors and staff.
- Coordinate courier deliveries and update courier routes for all school and agency deliveries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.