Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for multi-agency financial records on a full-time basis.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare and release journal entries to general ledger and all subsidiary application systems.
- Reviews information posted to subsidiary application systems prior to posting to general ledger.
- Subsystems include accounts receivable, asset management and accounts payable.
- Review batches for accuracy within the subsystem.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations each month.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenue and expenses, and prepares balance sheet, statement of activities, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position for the agency director.
- Prepares end of month financial reports including as requested by Agency Director and/or Finance Office Management.
- Assists the director of the agency with budget and explains quarterly and/or monthly variances as required.
- Attends agency board/finance meetings as needed.
- Prepares audit workpapers and schedules.
- Prepares or assists in preparing special reports as needed, i.e., United Way, SEFA (Single Audit) and Form990.
- Works with agency on grants and grant compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and two years related experience and/or training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word. Experience with Infor/Lawson accounting software is considered a strong plus.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from agency directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include Accountant, Finance in the subject line.