ARCHDIOCESAN SECONDARY INSTRUMENTAL FESTIVAL
Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Location: St. Dominic High School, 31 St. Dominic Drive, O'Fallon, MO 63366
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Directors will receive a schedule and details via email.)
Entry Fee: $50 per ensemble. Ensembles will be registered only after the entry fee has been received.
Ensembles will have 25 minutes on stage to perform and receive written and recorded comments from two clinicians. After each performance, ensembles will be escorted to a separate rehearsal space for a 25-minute workshop with one of the clinicians who just heard them perform.
- Each ensemble will be given 25 minutes to set up, tune up, perform, and take down.
- There will be a room available for warming up. Each ensemble may use the warm-up room the 20 minute period prior to their performance.
- A short warm-up number is permissible and will not be adjudicated.
- Each ensemble may perform a maximum of three (3) selections.
- Choose quality festival music. Pop music is not appropriate for the festival.
- Have original scores for each adjudicator to use during your performance. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Number the measures of each score. This helps the adjudicators as they make comments.
- Ensembles are welcome to listen to other schools perform, either before or after their ensemble’s performance.
- St. Dominic High School will provide large percussion equipment and stands.
- The festival will be evaluative, NOT COMPETITIVE. The evaluation will consist of written comments on an evaluation form and an mp3 recording of comments by the adjudicators given during the performance.