ARCHDIOCESAN CHORAL FESTIVAL
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Location: Fontbonne University, 6800 Wydown Blvd., Clayton, MO 63105
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Times will be made definite when the number of participating choirs becomes known.)
Entry fee: $50 per ensemble
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 7, 2018
Each choir will have 20 minutes on stage to perform and receive written and recorded comments from two clinicians. After each performance, choirs will be escorted to a separate rehearsal space for a 20-minute workshop with one of the clinicians who just heard them perform.
- Choral ensembles of any voicing (SA, SSA, SATB, TTBB, etc.) are encouraged to participate.
- Secondary and “select” or “auditioned” elementary choral ensembles are welcome to participate.
- There is no minimum or maximum size of each choral ensemble.
- All choral ensembles are asked to dress uniformly and neatly. Ensembles may wear gowns if desired; however, it is not required.
- Each choral ensemble will perform on the stage in Fontbonne University's theatre.
- Each choral ensemble may perform a maximum of three (3) selections.
- Each choral ensemble will be given a total time allotment of 20 minutes, which includes approaching the stage, performance and time to leave the stage.
- Choose quality festival music. Pop music is not appropriate for the festival.
- Each choral ensemble must provide an original score for both adjudicators.
- Number the measures of each score for the adjudicators.
- Choral ensembles may use the warm-up room the 20 minute period prior to their performance.
- The festival will be evaluative, NOT COMPETITIVE. Ensembles will receive a written evaluation form and a CD of recorded comments given by the adjudicators during the performance.
- Schools are encouraged to arrive early/stay after their performance and clinic to listen to other ensembles.
- Lunch is not provided, but space is available for dining should schools wish to bring their own lunches and drinks.