ARCHDIOCESAN CHORAL FESTIVAL
Date: Thursday, February 6, 2020
Location: Duchesne High School, 2550 Elm Street, St. Charles, MO 63301
Time: 8:30am - 3:30pm (An email was sent to each director with the schedule of the day)
Entry Fee: $50 per ensemble. Ensembles will be registered only after the entry fee is received.
Adjudicators: Angela Hendrickson - Director of Choirs (retired), Mehlville High School
Dr. James Henry - Associate Professor of Music and Director of Choral Studies, University of Missouri - St. Louis
Paula Martin - Artistic Director, Kirkwood Children's Chorale; Director of Choirs (retired), Oakville High School
Nicholas Moramarco (clinician only) - Music Program Director, Fontbonne University
Thank you for participating in the Archdiocesan Choral Festival! When you arrive, Duchesne High School students will direct you through your visit. Please note your performance time. You are able to warm up 20 minutes prior to your performance. If you are able, you are welcome to remain throughout the day to listen to other performances. However, since the day's schedule is long, please feel free to come and go as needed. At all times, be aware that the school is in session - quiet, respect, and consideration is very much appreciated.
Note: Each choral ensemble will have 20 minutes on stage to perform and receive written and recorded comments from our clinicians. After each choir's performance, choirs will be escorted to a separate rehearsal space for a 20-minute clinic with one of the adjudicators. Pleas plan accordingly.
- Each choral ensemble may perform a maximum of three (3) selections. Choirs will be asked to stop if the allotted performance time of 20
minutes is reached in order to ensure a minimum of 20 minutes for the
- Each choral ensemble will be given a total time allotment of 15 minutes, which includes approaching the stage, performance, and time to leave the stage.
- Quality festival music should be selected; "pop" music is not appropriate.
- Each choral ensemble must provide an original score with numbered measures for two adjudicators.
- Choral ensembles may use a warm-up room during the 20 minutes immediately preceding their performance. This includes the time it takes to travel to the performance space after warmup.
- The festival is evaluative, NOT competitive. Ensembles will receive a written evaluation form and will be emailed a link to an mp3 recording of comments given by the adjudicators given during the performance.
- Schools are encouraged to arrive early and/or stay after their performances and clinics to listen to other ensembles.
- Lunch is not provided, but space is available for dining should schools wish to bring their own lunches and drinks.