ARCHDIOCESAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SONG FESTIVAL
Dates: Tuesday, March 11 and Wednesday, March 12, 2020
Locations: Tuesday at 10am- Assumption School - Mattese, Duchesne High School and St. Pius X High School
Tuesday at 1pm - Rosati-Kain High School and Trinity Catholic High School
Wednesday at 10am - Bishop DuBourg High School and St. Francis Borgia Grade School
Wednesday at 1pm - Holy Infant School and St. Monica School
Entry Fee: $10 per choir. Choirs will be registered only after the entry fee has been received.
Registration Deadline: Friday, November 29, 2019 (Online registration will be available in October 2019)
Public performance is an excellent means of training young people in self-possession, poise, attention, and respect. This cooperative, non-competitive festival emphasizes enjoyment and cooperation rather than competition. Certificates of Participation will be given to each school, along with a constructive evaluation.
- Schools will be notified of the date and location of their choirs' performance location after their entry fees have been received and before Christmas Break.
- Performing choirs should not be comprised of picked singers but should be comprised of all the students in 1st, 2nd, or 1st & 2nd Grade.
- Any song may be used, but should stem from classroom singing.
- Please consider the National Standards, and age appropriate musical skills when choosing your selections.
- The time allotment for each choir must not exceed six (6) minutes. So that everyone may return to their schools on time, the time limit must be followed.
- No individual or school is allowed to leave before the end of their performance location's festival.
- The opening song (1st verse of "America") and closing song (3 verses of Mark Friedman's "Make a Joyful Noise"), to be learned by everyone and performed as a combined Song Fest group, will be sent with the confirmation information.