Date: TBA, Sunday, February 26, 2023
Location: Bishop DuBourg High School
Time: Sessions will be scheduled depending on the number of ensembles registering. A third session may be added, if necessary.
Session A: 10:00 - 11:45 am
Session B: 1:00 - 2:30 pm
Entry Fee: $50 per ensemble. Ensembles will be registered only after the entry fee has been received.
Registration / Payment Deadline: Friday, December 3, 2021
Adjudicators: Ray Benton and Paul Holzen (read their bios here)
- Each ensemble will be given ten (10) minutes of performance time.
- Choose quality festival music. "Pop" music is not appropriate for the festival.
- Have original scores for two (2) adjudicators to use during the performance. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Number the measures of each score, if they are not already numbered. This helps the adjudicators as they make comments.
- Students and directors are asked to remain in place until their entire session has performed.
- Directors must bring their own stands and can bring their own percussion equipment. Chairs and larger instruments (timpani, bass drum, chimes, and xylophones) may be borrowed for the performance from Bishop DuBourg High School. (Instruments are not available for warm-up.)
- The festival is evaluative, NOT COMPETITIVE. The evaluation will consist of written comments on an evaluation form and an mp3 recording of the evaluators' comments made during the performance.
- There is an audience admission price of $2/adult and $1/child at the door.
- The final piece to be performed by all the ensembles at the end of each session is Omega March by John Edmundson / Queenwood Publications.