1. Go to: VLCFF-Dayton
2. Find "Become a new student". It may be at the bottom of the page.
3. See “New Student: Create a profile.” Select this link and follow the instructions. Be sure to select the Archdiocese of St. Louis to receive the partnership price of ($40) for a 1.5 credit course and ($50) for 2.5 credit course. Be sure to list your school parish in your profile. This will allow us to bill your parish.
4. When finished you will be asked if you want to register for a class. If you say “yes” it will give you a list of classes that are coming up in the next cycle.
5. Click on register.
6. The payment code is 2020StLouis
7. REMEMBER- 3 WEEK COURSES ARE 1.5 CREDIT AND 5 WEEK COURSES ARE 2.5 CREDITS
8. The certification you are completing for the Archdiocese of St. Louis is different from VLCFF certificate programs (https://vlcff.udayton.edu/certificates/).
Requirements for Basic Catechist Certification and VLCFF course equivalents:
Survey of Catholic Doctrine is equivalent to ST101
Sacraments is equivalent to LT101
Intro to Christian Morality is equivalent to MT101
Intro to Scripture is equivalent to SS101
Intro to Prayer is equivalent to SP187
Intro to Catechesis is equivalent to RE174
The McGrath Institute - Notre Dame Univ.
Courses taken through The McGrath Institute are for those who already have obtained catechist/teacher certification.
Go to website mcgrath.nd.edu
Click on text “Online Courses” on the white, top navigation bar.
Click on the box “STEP Online Courses” for courses in English.
Scroll down and click on the box “Courses and Registration.”
Search for the title of the course you’re taking. Upcoming courses are in the top box and all others can be found listed below.
Once on course description page, click “Register.”
Click on the drop-down box next to "Choose Course Section" to select desired session dates and click “Continue.”
On the next page, select your diocesan discount or standard fee and click "Continue."
On the Cart page, enter the promo code- stlouis2020, then click “apply.” Then click "Proceed to Checkout."
On the Buyer Information page enter your name, address and required fields. Please add your parish name. Then click "Continue" at bottom right on the page.
On the Delivery Address page, skip the “Login” box and enter your address and verify email. Then click “Checkout as Guest.”
On next page, review and click on “Submit Order.”
Lastly, check your email inbox for a receipt to confirm that STEP processed your order.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LIST YOUR PARISH IN YOUR PROFILE. WE NEED THIS FOR BILLING PURPOSES.