The Office of Archives and Records is the official repository of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. We collect, preserve, and make available the historical records of the offices, missions, parishes, and schools of the Archdiocese. Through our holdings, we support the larger mission of the Archdiocese by serving as the collective memory of the activities of the Catholic community of faith in the region. We welcome researchers, and we provide access to our collections as permitted by the Code of Canon Law, civil law, and conservation considerations.
Our regular hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. We are closed on holidays and holy days (see list below). Please note: the research room is available by appointment only.
The office will be closed the following dates:
- January 1 for New Year's Day
- January 18 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 15 for President's Day
- April 2 for Good Friday
- May 31 for Memorial Day
- July 4 for Independence Day
- August 15 for Feast of Assumption
- September 6 for Labor Day
- November 1 for All Saints Day
- November 25-26 for Thanksgiving
- December 8 for Feast of Immaculate Conception
- December 25-January 1 for Christmas and New Year
Contact us using our REQUEST FORM.
If you need a baptismal or sacramental certificate, submit the sacramental certificate request form. For school transcripts, please go to the transcript request form. For questions about these, call us at 314.792.7020.
Eric Fair, Director of Archives, 314.792.7022
Shara Chin, Administrative Assistant, 314.792.7020
For historical research and donations, contact
Rena Schergen, Archivist, 314.792.7026
For records management questions, contact
Eric holt, Records Analyst, 314-792-7024