The Office of Archives and Records is the official repository of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. We collect, preserve, and make available the historical records of the offices, missions, parishes, and schools of the Archdiocese. Through our holdings, we support the larger mission of the Archdiocese by serving as the collective memory of the activities of the Catholic community of faith in the region. We welcome researchers, and we provide access to our collections as permitted by the Code of Canon Law, civil law, and conservation considerations.
Eric Fair, CA, Director of Archives, 314.792.7022
For records management questions, contact
Eric Holt, Records Analyst, 314-792-7024
For research questions, contact
Rena Schergen, MSLIS, Archivist, 314.792.7026
For Sacramental Certificate questions, contact
Mary Becker, Administrative Assistant, 314.792.7020
The office will be closed the following dates:
- January 15 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 19 for President's Day
- March 30 for Good Friday
- May 28 for Memorial Day
- July 4 for Independence Day
- August 15 for Feast of Assumption
- September 3 for Labor Day
- November 1 for All Saints Day
- November 22-23 for Thanksgiving
- December 8 for Feast of Immaculate Conception
- December 25-January 1 for Christmas and New Year
Our regular hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm. We are closed on holidays and holy days.
Please note: the research room is available by appointment only.
For general inquiries, contact us using our General Request Form.
If you need a baptismal or sacramental certificate, submit the Sacrament Certificate Request Form.