The Archdiocese of St. Louis invests in its employees and provides an environment with a focus on work/life balance and encourages its employees to be good stewards of the Church. We are a non-profit organization that encompasses 180 parishes, 110 schools, over 90 offices/agencies and a Catholic population of more than 500,000.
The Office of Child and Youth Protection has an immediate part-time opportunity for an Accountability Specialist. This role is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Archdiocesan response to the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People (Charter) compliance requirement. He or she will assist in the coordination, communication, and all applicable activities required to ensure that the Archdiocese of Saint Louis and all Archdiocesan Parishes, Schools, and Agencies are compliant with all Articles of the Charter. He/she will work in response to and support of the Archbishop of Saint Louis and his Vicars as well as the Executive Director of the Office of Child and Youth Protection. Specifically he or she will oversee accountability measures currently in place for priests removed from ministry due to accusations of historical sexual abuse of a minor.
Duties & Responsibilities
Supervision of Prayer and Penance
1. Develop, implement, and maintain systems for supervising and providing case management to clerics currently placed on accountability plans due to historical sexual abuse accusations.
2. Work in concert with the Vicar for Priests or his delegate to ensure that all accountability plans are reviewed and updated annually with appropriate signatures. Attendance at Archdiocesan Review Board Meetings will be required as needed.
3. Approve appropriate chaperones for community outings or necessary travel. In addition, they may serve as a chaperone when an approved alternate is not available.
4. May be assigned to other church personnel as needed to provide enhanced supervision and support for those who have been accused of or investigated for boundary or COE violations.
Parish and School
5. Oversee and assist pastors and school personnel with evaluating campus safety and maintaining safety.
6. May at times be asked to assist with audits, background check reviews, and coaching when necessary. The Accountability Specialist may be asked to provide enhanced education to individuals on boundaries, COE guidelines, and/or the Registered Sex Offender policy.
7. Provide timely reports as needed to the Executive Director, Vicar for iests, and other offices and agencies as needed and in support of the Charter. Special projects and other duties may be requested by the Archbishop of Saint Louis, Vicar for Priests, Human Resources, Executive Director, and/or General Counsel.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
1. Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and/or 10+ years of work history in law enforcement.
2. Experience working with or enhanced knowledge of perpetrators of child sexual abuse.
3. Strong writing and communication skills and experience with complex or large-scale systems.
4. Must be able to demonstrate competence with technology and have a working knowledge of
5. Must be willing to learn new technology applications.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job
1. Must be a practicing Catholic in full communion with the teachings of the Church.
2. Must have respect for the institutions of the Church.
3. Willingness and ability to practice servant leadership.
4. Must have reliable transportation and a willingness to travel.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources at humanres[email protected]