Regina Cleri, an independent living community of retired Catholic Priests, is located in Shewsbury, Missouri. Full time and part time new hires are eligible for generous benefits packages on first day of hire, including health, dental & vision insurances, paid time off and 403B retirement. Uniforms and meals are included.
The cook will be responsible for preparing meals and following establishment recipes.
Duties: include preparing ingredients, adhering to the seasonal menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other team members, and deliver food in a fast-paced environment.
This position is split shift from (6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.).
Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Candidate must be flexible and reliable.
Minimum Age Requirement: 21 years’ old
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner following the daily menu.
- Prepare desserts for lunch and dinner.
- Ensure all dishes are completed and set up on the steam table five minutes prior to service.
- Follow recipe cards.
- Conduct daily cleaning and sign off on the daily cleaning task, once completed.
- Minimize food waste, by reutilizing ingredients in additional dishes.
- All food must be garnished
- Sweep & mop dish room floor.
- Take out trash to dumpster as needed.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Ability to understand the retired priests and work with them in a friendly and caring way.
- Possess a willingness to be of service to whoever asks for help.
- Have knowledge about lifting and working safely.
- Assist in putting away & rotating the stock from the truck on delivery days.
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
- Qualifications for Cook
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Culinary certification or degree from a culinary school preferred
- 2-3 years food service or restaurant experience required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Comfortable standing, stopping, squatting, twisting, and moving frequently
- Ability to pass a food service sanitation course
- Familiarity with general kitchen equipment and appliances
- Strong working knowledge of food preparation techniques, cooking methods, and safety and sanitation practices
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow recipes
Work well with the dietary manager and kitchen staff, the administrator, and other colleagues throughout the organization.
Ability to be gentle and compassionate in dealing with the retired priests, kitchen staff, the administrator, and other staff.
Contact Details: To apply for this position, please submit your resume and/or application to Aaron Hickerson at Regina Cleri, 10 Archbishop May Dr., St. Louis Mo 63119 or [email protected]