ARCHDIOCESAN CHORAL FESTIVAL
Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021
Location: Duchesne High School, 2550 Elm Street, St. Charles, MO 63301
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Time frame will be made definite when the number of participating choirs is known. Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools may be limited to registering one ensemble if the festival fills before all schools wishing to participate register.)
Entry Fee: $50 per ensemble. Ensembles will be registered and scheduled only after the entry fee has been received.
Registration / Payment Deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020
Each choral ensemble will be given a total time allotment of 30 minutes: up to 15 minutes for approaching the stage, a short warm-up, performance and exit from the stage. After each performance, ensembles will be escorted to a separate rehearsal space for a 25-minute workshop with one of the clinicians who just heard them perform. Directors will receive written and an mp3 link to two clinicians' recorded comments.
- Choral ensembles of any voicing (SA, SSA, SATB, TTBB, etc.) are encouraged to participate.
- Secondary and "select" or "auditioned" elementary choral ensembles may participate. Secondary school choral ensembles will be given preference over elementary school choirs.
- There is no minimum or maximun size for choral ensembles.
- Each choral ensemble will perform on risers, on stage.
- Each choral ensemble may perform a maximum of three (3) selections. Ensembles will be asked to stop if the alloted performanc time of 15 minutes is reached in order to ensure a minimum of 20 minutes of clinic time.
- Quality festival music schold be selected. "Pop" music is not appropriate.
- Each choral ensemble must provide an original score of all pieces for two (2) adjudicators.